- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup steak sauce
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 8 eight-grain slim buns
- 8 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese
- In a large skillet, start to brown the turkey on medium-high heat for about 5-6 minutes. Add the onion and green bell pepper and cook another 3-4 minutes, or until the vegetables start to get tender.
- Stir in the steak sauce, Worcestershire and beef broth. Sprinkle in the salt and pepper. Get the mixture bubbling by turning it up to high. Cook like this for about 3 minutes (most of the liquid will evaporate).
- On a baking sheet, layout buns, separating the tops from the bottoms. On the bottom halves, spoon approximately 1/2 cup of the meat mixture and 1 slice of cheese.
- Broil open faced sandwiches until the top bun is golden brown and the cheese is good and melty! Remove from oven and assemble and stack with desired toppings.