Skip to content
- 3 cups cooked penne noodles
- 1½ pounds Italian sausage, sliced
- 1 7-ounce can roasted red peppers, drained (may sub sundried tomatoes)
- 3 ounces butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2½ cups milk (I used fat free half and half)
- 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1¼ cups grated parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Saute sausage in a large pan or skillet for 5-7 minutes until cooked through. Add to a large bowl along with cooked penne noodles, and roasted red peppers.
- Add butter to pan and stir until melted. Add flour and stir again til mixture clumps together. Gradually whisk in milk. Add garlic powder, salt and pepper, and ¾ cup parmesan cheese and stir until cheese is melted and incorporated.
- Add sauce to bowl with sausage, peppers, and noodles and stir to combine. Transfer mixture to a casserole dish. Sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese over the top and bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve hot.