- 1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 2 cups shredded chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese
- 5 cups blue corn tortilla chips
- sliced green onions (for garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with foil. Spray with a non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt 1/4 cup of butter over medium heat. Stir in the hot sauce and then add the chicken breast. Toss to coat and then remove from heat. Set aside.
- In another large saucepan, melt the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter over medium-low heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Slowly whisk in the milk and continue to whisk until no clumps remain and the sauce has thickened, about 3-4 minutes. Turn the heat to low, and stir in 1/2 cup of the blue cheese crumbles and Monterey Jack cheese, continuing to stir until the cheese has melted. It is ok if a few blue cheese crumbles remain in tact. Remove from heat.
- Add half of the blue corn tortilla chips to the baking sheet and then top with half of the cheese sauce, half of the chicken and 2 tablespoons of the remaining blue cheese crumbles. Repeat this step once more, ending with the remaining 2 tablespoons of blue cheese crumbles.
- Place in the oven and bake until cheese is melty, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and sprinkle with green onions.