- 4 chicken breasts, pounded to ½ inch thickness
- 1 tablespoon mediterranean seasoning (you can substitute Italian seasoning in a pinch)
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 pitas (this is a Greek-style flatbread you can find at almost any grocery store near the bread and tortillas or in the bakery)
- optional: lettuce, feta cheese crumbles
- ½ English cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 cups cold plain Greek yogurt
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- ⅓ cup chopped dill, fresh or frozen (may sub 2 tablespoons dried dill)
- 1½ Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (juice of ½ medium lemon)
- ½ tsp salt, or to taste
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- Puree all sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor (see note below recipe first!). Cover and chill until ready to serve. (If you have time, make this a few hours in advance or the night before so that the flavors can marinate)
- Season chicken breasts with mediterranean seasoning. Cook in a large skillet or pan over medium heat 5-6 minutes on each side until cooked through. Cut into strips.
- Lay pitas on a clean surface. Add lettuce (if desired, chicken, red pepper strips, and onions. Top with tzatziki sauce and feta (if desired). Fold pita over like a sandwich, or roll it into a “tunnel shape”.