- 12 oz. penne (whole wheat or regular)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ c. sun-dried tomatoes, chopped*
- 1 lb chicken breast, chopped into chunks
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1½ c. half & half
- ⅓ c. tomato sauce
- 1 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ c. parmesan cheese, grated
- Basil for garnish
- In a large Dutch oven or stock pot, boil water and cook the pasta. Drain, rinse with cold water and set aside in a bowl.
- Add 1½ tbsp. of olive oil to the same pan that you cooked the pasta in. Over low heat, cook the garlic and sun-dried tomatoes until fragrant, remove from the pan, set aside in a small bowl. Add the remaining oil and turn the heat to medium. Season (with spices listed) and cook the chicken throughout.
- Add the half & half and tomato sauce to the pot. Bring the mixture to a low simmer. Add the mozzarella and parmesan and stir until smooth, then return the garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and pasta to the pot. Coat the pasta evenly and serve immediately. Garnish with basil.