- 1 lb round loaf of crusty bread
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- 2 cups shredded Italian blend cheese
- ¼ cup capicola ham, chopped
- ¼ cup sandwich pepperoni, chopped
- ¼ cup hard salami, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup prepared pesto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut loaf vertically into about 1-inch wide strips, taking care to not cut straight through. Cut through loaf horizontally in the same fashion.
- In a bowl, combine the cheese, oregano, ham, salami, and pepperoni. Remove ¼ cup and set aside.
- Brush mayo into the crevices of the bread. Carefully stuff cheese mixture into the bread pockets. Be sure to fill each space.
- Place loaf in a large piece of foil and pour melted butter over loaf. Cover and place bread in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove, open foil and top with remaining cheese mixture. Bake uncovered for an additional 10 minutes. Serve with pesto.
- For the pesto: combine all ingredients in a bowl, serve.