- 1 lb dry ziti pasta
- 1 lb boneless chuck steak, partially frozen (easy to cut thin)
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 medium Vidalia onion
- 1 ½ tsp fresh thyme
- 1 ½ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 ½ cups Ragú® Super Chunky Mushroom sauce
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup Mozzarella cheese for topping
- Cook ziti until almost done, drain and set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 350° and lightly grease a casserole dish.
- Make sure to freeze your steak for about half an hour before cutting. (Freezing it will help with cutting it thinly.)
- Slice partially frozen steak as thin as possible. Slice red pepper and onion thinly as well and set aside.
- Preheat some oil (about a tablespoon or two) in a medium sauté pan, over medium heat and sauté steak, peppers and onions with some salt and pepper until steak is no longer pink.
- Add steak and veggies to the bowl with pasta. Add a 1 ½ cup of Mozzarella, Ragú® sauce, thyme and some more salt and pepper. Mix well and place it into a lightly greased casserole dish. Spread evenly and top off with remaining Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.