- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper, sliced (or ½ green and ½ red bell pepper if desired)
- 1 lb. precooked thinly sliced steak strips, *see notes
- 2 tubes Pillsbury original crescent rolls
- 12 slices provolone cheese
For the Sauce:
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 1 tsp prepared horseradish
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Sauté the onions and peppers in the melted butter until soft, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in the steak strips to mingle with the onions and peppers then remove from heat, drain any excess liquid.
- Unwrap the crescent rolls and separate into 8 small rectangles. Arrange on a non-greased 12 inch pizza pan or a parchment lined baking sheet in the shape of a sun, leaving a small circle (about 2½ inches wide) in the center. Half of each crescent dough rectangle should hang over the edge of the pizza pan.
- Place 6 slices of provolone cheese around the half of the crescent dough rectangle that is on the pizza pan. Top with the well drained steak, onions and peppers, making sure to keep the filling in a circular tube around the crescent dough. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Carefully pick up the overhanging crescent dough and enclose the filling, tucking the dough underneath in the center of the ring, so all the filling is enclosed. (some might peek out, and that’s ok).
- Bake for 20 to 23 minutes until dough is cooked through and is a deep golden brown. Let cool slightly before slicing.
- Meanwhile combine the ingredients for the sauce and whisk together. Serve the sauce with the cheesesteak sandwiches. Enjoy!