- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound boneless chuck steak, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to tasted
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper
- 4 hoagie rolls, toasted, for serving
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to broil.
- To make the garlic aioli, combine mayonnaise and garlic in a small bowl; set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add steak and cook until medium rare, about 5-6 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion and bell peppers to skillet and cook until tender and golden, about 5-6 minutes.
- To assemble the sandwich, generously spread garlic aioli inside each roll. Top with steak, onions and bell peppers, and cheese. Place into oven and bake until cheese has melted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.