Recipe of the Week: Philly Style Italian Hoagies
July 3, 2017
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 long Italian hoagie rolls
- 1/4 lb prosciutto
- 1/4 lb capicola
- 1/4 lb genoa salami
- 1/4 lb hot soprassata salami
- 1/4 lb sharp provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 cup hot cherry peppers, diced
- Slice the rolls lengthwise, cutting only half way through. Remove the thick, fluffy dough center of the bread and discard it. Set rolls aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar and oregano; slowly add in the oil, whisking as you pour to emulsify the mixture.
- Drizzle a small amount of the oil/vinegar mixture on the rolls, then layer the cheese and meats.
- Top with the tomatoes, onions, lettuce, then peppers. Drizzle with additional oil/vinegar, cut in half, and serve!