- 1 pound small pasta
- salt and black pepper
- 1 jar your favorite store-bought vodka sauce
- 1 pound loose sweet Italian sausage
- 1 pound large shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup sharp white cheddar cheese
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat your broiler to high.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil and cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- To a small saucepan, add the vodka sauce. Heat over low heat. Keep warm on the stove until you are ready to use.
- To a large oven-safe skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until brown and cooked through. Remove the sausage with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate. Keep the stove on.
- To the skillet, add the shrimp. There should be enough fat left in the skillet from the sausage. If you find that there isn’t enough to cook the shrimp, add a tablespoon of olive oil. Season the shrimp generously with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until pink and cooked through. Remove the shrimp from the pan and transfer to another plate. Turn off the heat.
- To a large bowl, combine the vodka sauce, pasta and sausage. Toss until evenly coated. Pour the mixture back into the skillet. Top with shrimp and then top with parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and cheddar cheese.
- Place the skillet into the preheated oven and broil until cheese is melty, about 2 minutes. Keep a close eye as the cheese can quickly go from melted to burnt. Remove from heat and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!